The DR-Z400SM welcomes you to the exhilarating world of supermoto riding with cutting-edge dual-purpose bike design and stylish, functional top-grade equipment that captures the essence of free-spirited street riding pleasure.
The Suzuki DR-Z400SM is a street legal bike for serious dirt bike enthusiasts. It's not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest trails as well as tight canyon corners. Its 398cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. They key difference between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S is the inverted forks. Inverted front forks contribute to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling.
Fun to ride whatever street, avenue or highway you’re headed for.
(plus PDI, freight, tax; prices subject to change)
Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
Tires Front: 120/70R17M/C 58H, tube type
Tires Rear: 140/70R17M/C 66H, tube type
Length: 2225 mm (87.6 in)
Seat Height: 890 mm (35.0 in)
More specs available on Suzuki Canada.
- Automatic decompression system for quick/easy engine starts
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system
- Electric start with lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery - Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet
- Lightweight 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable low-rpm power
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties
- Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni™ BSR36 CV-type carburetor fed by 6-liter airbox. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and aluminum swingarm for precise rear wheel control
- A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance
- RK Excel aluminum rims and radial tires: 120/70-R17 front, 140/70- R17 rear
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank
- Long travel, Showa-brand inverted front fork derived from the RM250 - features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action - - Strong braking performance supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
- Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover - Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance